We thought we'd format this post in an unconventional way. And that's the rugby way, isn't it?
Have to start with the big THANK YOU to all the rugby players and fans who have made us part of your love of our amazing sport. We truly appreciate each and every one of you.
And with this year's unusual timing of the soccer world cup during the holidays, and with lots of other sports being played right now, we have some fun thoughts to share.
We call this the
TOP 10 REASONS TO BE THANKFUL FOR RUGBY
1. RECOGNIZED WORLDWIDE... EVEN MORE SO IN THE USA NOW :-)
2. LESS DIVAS TO TRACK. NO 'DEEP' CONVERSATIONS WITH REFS OVER NOTHING. (EXCEPT OF COURSE WHEN THE VAR GETS INVOLVED)
3. NO (OK, LESS) TIES!
4. YOU KNOW WHAT A REAL SCRUM IS, VERSUS ESPN.
5. CAMARADERIE ONLY DEVELOPED BY TRULY GRINDING TOGETHER AND TAKING HARD HITS.
6. WAY, WAY, WAY LESS WHINING!
7. WOMEN PLAY RUGBY - HAAAARD!
8. MORE OPTIONS- PLOW OVER, POP, PASS, WRAP AROUND, SUPPORT, GRUBBER, RUCK, MAUL, JUKE, BURN AROUND THE EDGE... AND THAT'S JUST WHEN YOU HAVE THE BALL!
9. RUGBY TOURNAMENTS ROOOOOCK!
10. YEAH, WAAAAAY LESS WHINING!
Of course, we hope you enjoyed this list. There's some tongue and cheek, and some foot in boot but it's all fun. Enjoy your holiday and eat all the rugby you can.